What is Goal Setting?
Setting goals is essentially the process of creating a plan, or roadmap, for what you can achieve in the future.
Why Set Goals?
- Provide direction to your life and future
- Allow you to plan ahead, be prepared and achieve
- Provide a basis for recognising successes and accomplishments
- Motivate yourself and others
- Take responsibility within your life
- Goal setting helps make achievement and success easier
Goals should be S.M.A.R.T
Once goals are set, put them through the S.M.A.R.T test and ask yourself if your goals meet each of these criteria:
- Goals pinpoint specific things, experiences and achievements.
- You must be able to know when you reach a goal, setting a realistic timescale.
- Action oriented
- You can break a goal down into manageable tasks, we learned to walk in baby steps.
- You are able to achieve goals, and they should fit within your life, and the life of those around you.
- You set timescales for goals and tasks to be completed and stick to them! building flexibility in.
If you find your original goal does not fit, take some time to re-evaluate it and adjust it so it fits within the above criteria.
Goal Setting Process
Goal setting is an ongoing process. Your goals now, in the development stages, will be different for the goals you set this time next year. Think about both long term and more short term goals.
With a dedicated coach like Norman, you will have the support and ongoing resources to 'get sh*t done', GSD as Norman Calls it. Coaching can be by telephone, skype, whatsapp and in person. Weekly or monthly sessions available.