Dealing With Depression
What is depression?
Depression is defined as when a low mood lasts for a long time, and causes disruption in your day to day life. There are a few types of depression, which I explain later.
The good news is NLP, Hypnotherapy and CBT are used widely to help people suffering with this challenge.
Depression can mean just being in low spirits and doesn't prevent you leading your normal life, it does however makes everything seem harder to do and not as worthwhile as it could..
Be aware though, severe depression can be life threatening, as it can ause feelings of suicide. The results can be mild, moderate or severe, and it can change during the day.
Any signs of depression should be of concern and sufferers should get help asap.
What different types are there?
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD) – this occurs at a particular time of year, such as an aniversary of a passing, or during a particular weather season.
- Dysthymia – a continuously mild depression that lasts for two or more years.
- Prenatal depression – occurs during pregnancy.
- Postnatal depression – occurs in the first year after giving birth.
Some common signs of depression are
- Feeling down, upset or tearful
- Feeling restless, agitated or irritable
- Feelings of guilt, worthlessness and being overly critical on yourself
- Feeling without purpose, empty and numb
- Feeling isolated and unable to relate to other people
- finding no pleasure in life or things you usually enjoy
- Feeling a sense of non-reality
- having no confidence or self-esteem
- Feeling hopeless and despairation
- Feelings of self harm or suicide.
Depression can manifest in the following behaviours
- avoiding social events and activities you usually enjoy
- self-harming or suicidal behaviour
- difficulty speaking,
- unable to thinking clearly
- losing interest in sex
- difficulty remembering or concentrating on things
- using alcohol or drugs more than usual
- difficulty sleeping, or sleeping too much
- feeling tired all the time
- eating problems, to much or too little
- physical aches and pains with no obvious cause
- being restless and agitated.
In extreme cases of severe depression there may be psychotic events also such as
Isolation can contribute to depression, and it is common for depression and anxiety to be together, resulting in feeling restless, agitated and difficulty in sleeping.
- delusions, such as paranoia
- hallucinations, such as Hearing voices, seeing things that are not there etc...
Common Cause of Depression
- childhood experiences
- life events, past and present
- mental health problems
- physical health problems
- genetic inheritance
- medication, recreational drugs and alcohol
- lack of sleep,
- diet and exercise
- physical, sexual or emotional abuse
- traumatic events
- a negative family situation.
- losing your job
- the end of a relationship
- major life changes in your career or personal life
- being bullied or abused.
It has also been noted that poor health and physical challenges can contribute
- chronic (long-term) physical health problems
- life-threatening physical illnesses
- physical health problems that affect your lifestyle.
- neurological conditions of the brain
- nervous system problems
- thyroid and parathyroid hormonal problems
- low blood sugar
- sleep problems.
Getting Past Trauma
When I speak of Past Trauma, i refer to the Psychological and emotional damage that is left behind from an extremely stressful event, which can destroy your sense of security, leaving you with a sense of disconnection, helplessness, and confusion. When I say Getting Past Trauma, I mean using your own brain to make the changes internally needed, using NLP, CBT, & EMDR.
Psychological trauma can leave you finding life difficult, revisiting the past resulting in feelings and anxiety that won’t go away.
It can also leave you feeling numb, disconnected, and unable to trust other people.
The good news is by the use of EMDR, NLP, and CBT, your responses can be easilly changed into something more supportive.
Your responses are NORMAL reactions to ABNORMAL events, they can be as unique as you are.
Stop Smoking with ease
Many people are now realising that to stop smoking is something they can do to improve their lives, save money, get healthier and much more.
Hypnotherapy, Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP) and Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT), are all highly effective in helping people to stop smoking quickly and easilly.
Stop Fears and Phobia's
'The Fast Phobia Cure'. There is no need to be afraid anymore.
Use Natures Tools to Stop Anxiety
What is anxiety?
Anxiety is a term to describe how we feel when we are under stress, worried, tense or afraid about situtions and events that are, or we think may be about to happen.
Anxiety is a part of our Freeze, Flight, Fight process and as such is a natural human response when we perceive a threat to our wellbeing. It can be experienced through our thoughts, feelings and 5 senses. It becomes a problem when we cannot let it go for whatever reason.